Since Treatment4Addiction was launched, we have actively sought sponsorships from relevant organizations, manufacturers, and other companies dedicated to providing health and lifestyle information. Although there is a commercial benefit for Treatment4Addiction, sponsor information also benefits you, the Treatment4Addiction user, by providing you with information on medications, medical devices, health services, therapies, and products available in the marketplace. Treatment4Addiction provides opportunities for sponsors to bring you their marketing message and information about their products and services by publishing their information or links within our site.
The following guidelines have been established by Treatment4Addiction to govern various aspects of Advertising. For these purposes, "Advertising and Advertisements" include banners, badges, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements and Promotions by Treatment4Addiction, how Advertisements and Promotions are displayed on the Treatment4Addiction Site, and the removal of Advertisements and Promotions from the Treatment4Addiction Site. Treatment4Addiction has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Treatment4Addiction Site. Treatment4Addiction may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised advertising policy to the Treatment4Addiction Site.
- Treatment4Addiction has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed. Under no circumstances will Treatment4Addiction's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes or promotes the products or services.
- Treatment4Addiction will not accept Advertising that, in Treatment4Addiction's opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
- There are certain categories of advertisements that Treatment4Addiction will not permit at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- illegal or objectionable products
- pornography or related themes
- tobacco use of any kind
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the Treatment4Addiction Network
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- the simulation of news or an emergency
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or contain a "close" or "X" for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated "miracle" weight loss or other miracle claims of cure
- non-Treatment4Addiction branded, interactive media units with data capture fields on any Treatment4Addiction editorial (non-sponsored)
- non-Treatment4Addiction branded, interactive media units with personalized or diagnostic assessments
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children
- media or messages for or that reference "M" rated video games or content
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation
- Advertisers must only offer products or services, which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
- Treatment4Addiction recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising, promotional, sponsored or marketing content on the Treatment4Addiction Site will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Treatment4Addiction will not allow any Advertising on Treatment4Addiction that is not identified with the label of "Advertisement."
Clicking on the ad unit will link you to an advertiser's site, to relevant information on Treatment4Addiction, or to a Sponsor's Resource Center on Treatment4Addiction. Sponsored Resource Centers are labeled as being sponsored and the name of the sponsoring entity is displayed.
- Treatment4Addiction retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on the Treatment4Addiction Site. Our website hosts Google sponsored ads and links. We do not control Google ads content and our editorial content is free of any commercial influence. Treatment4Addiction may receive payment from Google in connection with displaying the sponsored link results
- Treatment4Addiction reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Treatment4Addiction Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Treatment4Addiction also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the Treatment4Addiction Site.
- It is the Advertiser's responsibility to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must comply with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising as well as underwritten CME programs that must be labeled in accordance with the guidelines of the Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and any other relevant accrediting bodies. Treatment4Addiction will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations. However, Treatment4Addiction reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Treatment4Addiction becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Treatment4Addiction may remove the Advertising.